Epione Health Villages (EHV), is a partnership with clinicians to develop, invest in, own and operate healthcare facilities in Africa. The company name is inspired by Epione, the Greek Goddess of the soothing of pain, and that is exactly what we aim to do.
Our vision is to be the largest owner and provider of healthcare services in Africa, with a mission to enable access to quality, affordable and sustainable healthcare services to all.
Our Way of Work
Epione Health Villages is a new healthcare model breaking ground in Africa – starting in South Africa – that focuses on end-to-end, patient-centric, tech-enabled provision of primary and surgical healthcare:
- It is a partnership between clinicians and operators to develop, own and operate healthcare facilities with a quadruple aim – inclusive and equitable access to quality, affordable and sustainable healthcare
- EHV is owned and operated by a combination of clinicians (both primary care and specialists/surgeons) and administrative and technical staff for an optimal service offering, enabled by technology through epione.net
- As part of our mission to ensure inclusive and equitable access to care our facilities will offer free or subsidised primary healthcare services to underserved communities and community members on weekends
- EHV will also focus – in collaboration with GP First – at training, furthering, and promoting the practice of family medicine in South Africa through engaging young, up and coming, passionate and like-minded clinicians. It is important to contribute towards the strengthening of health systems by upskilling and retaining local doctors and talent
- The ‘feel’ of an EHV will be very different from a medical centre. It will be focused on creating a happy, calm, social space that embraces its natural surroundings
- The first EHV will become operational in Rosebank, Johannesburg, from September 2021.
Our first facility in Rosebank is currently under construction with the aim to open it in the first week of September 2021. It will start off with GPs, and then shortly after, dentists, optometrists, and psychologists. In the first phase, we will offer the following services:
- Primary healthcare consultations
- Pathology services
- Minor procedures
Our intention is to empower our doctors to partner with our patients to create better health outcomes by providing compassionate and appropriate care, in a timely manner. The environment is one that is collaborative and friendly.
In partnership with clinicians, to become the largest provider of quality focused, patient-centric, affordable primary healthcare services for all across Africa, founded by Africans.
Why we do what we do
Essentially, we are really trying to get back to the basics of good healthcare. There are so many providers in the market that over-engineer healthcare, with less than convincing results. At our EHVs, we would promise not to for example, over-test patients, overcharge and so forth. Ours is good, honest, simple healthcare, by the best doctors in town. We do only what you need to do, and we don’t advocate for doing things for the sake of it. The doctors are very passionate about prevention and wellness, as well as curative services.
Our core values